Canadian Club Toronto
Free Virtual Event: Critical Minerals Supply Chains in the Post-COVID EconomyDATE: Wednesday, March 17th, 2021 TIME: 12:00 pm Eastern Time Featuring:
- Chris Hodgson - President, Ontario Mining Association
- Dawn Madahbee Leach - Vice Chair, National Indigenous Economic Development Board & General Manager, Waubetek Business Development Corporation
- Donald Bubar - President and CEO, Avalon Advanced Materials Inc.
- Hon. Greg Rickford - Minister of Energy, Northern Development and Mines & Minister of Indigenous Affairs
- Lisa Raitt - Vice-Chair, Global Investment Banking, CIBC Capital Markets
The Role of Ontario
The security of critical minerals and materials supply has become a significant concern for governments in light of disruptions to global supply chains caused by COVID-19. For Canada, this is a matter of national, economic and technological importance.
With Northern Ontario’s vast mineral wealth, opportunity is knocking for the province to demonstrate significant leadership and position itself as a high-tech and clean energy manufacturing hub. Since many of these minerals and associated industrial capacity are vital for renewable energy and electric vehicle technology, a cohesive strategy will strongly support Ontario’s post-COVID economic recovery efforts.
With opening remarks from the Honourable Greg Rickford, join Canadian Club Toronto on March 17 for a discussion on Ontario’s role in this important debate, and how active equity participation in critical minerals development projects by Indigenous businesses and communities and sound fiscal and regulatory policy are building the path to prosperity in Northern Ontario. This expert panel will be moderated by the Honourable Lisa Raitt, Vice-Chair, Global Investment Banking, CIBC Capital Markets and will feature:
Donald Bubar – President and CEO, Avalon Advanced Materials Inc.
Chris Hodgson – President, Ontario Mining Association
Dawn Madahbee Leach – Vice Chair, National Indigenous Economic Development Board & General Manager, Waubetek Business Development Corporation
The Honourable Greg Rickford – Minister of Energy, Northern Development and Mines & Minister of Indigenous Affairs”